HAMBURGER STROGANOFF RECIPE
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Helmuth beef seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. Helmuth regular noodles (cooked according to package directions)
In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef, onion, and minced garlic until beef is browned and onion is tender. Add butter and heat until it's melted. Stir in flour and seasonings. Slowly add milk. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add garlic salt, parsley flakes, and sour cream and heat through but do not boil. Serve over hot noodles. Garnish with parsley. Serves 10.
- Sauté fresh mushrooms and add to stroganoff.
- Add a can of mushrooms.
- Experiment with your favorite seasonings to add a different twist.
- .Replace the butter, flour and milk with 2 cans of your favorite cream soup (mushroom, chicken or celery)